Monday, October 24, 2011

Meet our Staff: Andrea Hottleman


As a member of the PRR team for the past three years, our motto Professionalism, Respect and Responsibility is used each time I step into our office or a clients. I focus on auditing our not-for profit, 401K, partnership and corporate clients. The reason I gravitated towards this side of public accounting is because it gives you the opportunity to go to the client and explore their books from balance sheet to income statement. While at the client you are able to work with the owners, management and employees to gain insight into their performance throughout the past year. The client relies on our expertise to help solve issues or uncover issues that may not be seen by the owner, employee or manager who is involved in the day to day operations.

Prior to joining PRR, I spent over 11 years at a medium sized public accounting firm in Boston. Throughout my career, I prepared numerous individual, partnership, not-for profit and corporate tax returns. I also managed audits, review and compilations for HUD and MHFA projects, not-for-profits, partnership, 401K’s and corporate clients. For some of our small business clients, I would consult on business accounting software set up as well as prepare their quarterly payroll tax returns and 1099’s at year end.

My education is from Bentley University in Waltham, MA. I received a Bachelor of Science in Accountancy. Three years after graduation, I decided to go back to Bentley at night in order to obtain my Masters of Science in Taxation.

While away from PRR you may find me volunteering at the schools or at the soccer, football, or softball fields or on basketball courts. If you still have not found me, I may be watching a wrestling match, lacrosse or baseball game or working out at the gym.

PRR is the perfect fit for work and family balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment