Thursday, May 5, 2011

Meet Karla Hopkins: Managing member of PRR


I am a managing member of PRR and specialize in corporate and individual tax planning and compliance. My professional experience includes four years with Ernst & Young, LLP and twenty years with the firm of Pavento, Ratcliffe, Renzi & Co., LLC.

I graduated from the University of Massachusetts with a Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting and have also earned a Masters’ Degree in Taxation from Bentley College.

During my work day I face numerous challenges from "being the bearer of bad news" when a taxpayer has a tax balance due, to assisting them in reaping the rewards of a good tax plan. What I enjoy most about my career is getting to know the families of my clients. I can say that I have experienced both the joy of birth and the sorrow of death with many. Connecting with my clients is rewarding to me in a personal way and I enjoy being a partner in their personal and professional lives.

When I am not working, I am volunteering in the community. At times you will find me preparing tax returns for many local nonprofit leagues, baking for local bake sales, exercising my active dog in the state parks, or at the podium of the town meeting as the Chairman of the Finance Committee. I live the motto of giving back to the community both as a professional and as a member of a community at large. Being a partner of a firm like PRR supports this lifestyle allows me to grow as a professional and as a volunteer.

No comments:

Post a Comment