Saturday, April 2, 2011

Meet a Partner: John Ratcliffe, CPA

I am a founding member of Pavento, Ratcliffe, Renzi & Co., LLC and have been in professional practice since 1986. Before founding PRR in 2000, I was a partner in a firm in Lexington, Massachusetts. As my former partner moved on to retirement, I merged with a local firm in Franklin, Massachusetts and PRR was the result. I was very fortunate to associate myself with a group of individuals that share my business values. We have built PRR around the business values of Professionalism, Responsibility and Respect. These are not just words, but the very essence of our business practice.

I enjoy the diversity of my job and the people I work with and meet. I value the relationships I have established with my clients and enjoy helping them achieve their financial goals.

My professional experience includes business consulting, financial forecasting and auditing, government auditing, broker-dealer auditing, equine accounting, computer consulting and training, corporate, partnership and individual taxation. I am also the firm's Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) representative and a QuickBooks advisor.

I am a graduate of Bryant University, a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants, and the American Horse Counsel.

I reside in Seekonk, Massachusetts, with my wife, son and faithful companion Buddy, our miniature schnauzer. I have been an Assistant Scoutmaster for Seekonk Boy Scout Troop 1 since 2004. I enjoy working with the scouts and mentoring them as they progress in their scouting careers. In 2010 my son achieved the rank of Eagle Scout. I have been a board member of the Barrington Yacht Club in Barrington, Rhode Island since 2007 where I have held two board positions.

I enjoy the outdoors, I am an avid yachtsman and also a crew member for a local sail boat racing team. As we often say when on the water racing, "there is no "I" in Team" - this is also how we run our accounting practice. Every member is an integral part of the team developing a relationship with our clients based upon Professionalism, Responsibility and Respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment